Answered

Sonos not connecting to Sirius

• 7 December 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Sonos has stopped connecting to Sirius this morning.  Been working fine until this morning.  Alarms failed to start. Unable to connect manually.  Message:

“Unable tp play the radio station”

Sonos system and app updated to 13.4.1

Diagnostic # 1546886573

icon

Best answer by DaDD 7 December 2021, 17:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Is this the same for all music services or just Sirius?

Will not work for me, in fact I removed my account and attempted to sign in and it’s telling my user id/ password are incorrect. I can still log in under the xm app using those credentials….

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Is this the same for all music services or just Sirius?

Only have Tunein and local media server, but they all work fine.  Just Sirius. I’m now not able to even get to the Sirius channels at all.  “Unable to browse music”

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I wonder if this is related to the Amazon Music issue? Sonos Status

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Please see the last post in this thread: 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Looks like a backend issue on Sonos side connecting to the Sirius and I guess Amazon.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

It’s a AWS issue.  From the other Sirius thread

“Hey friends! This is a little outside of my normal role here at Sonos, but I wanted to jump in and let you know we’re seeing issues with both Alexa Voice Control and SiriusXM as a result of an ongoing outage at Amazon Web Services (AWS). We’ve got folks working to get status.sonos.com updated with this information now, but some of our internal tools are also partially affected, so it’s taking a bit of time.

Sorry for the trouble! On the bright side, Amazon is aware and working on the problem.”

https://status.sonos.com/?utm_source=ENsonoscommunity

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Sirius al good now. Came back fairy quick. But all my other services are toast. Ring Alexa. Significant outage. 

https://www.theverge.com/2021/12/7/22822332/amazon-server-aws-down-disney-plus-ring-outage