Answered

SONOS no sound

• 6 September 2021
  • 5 replies

My SONOS was playing sound just fine but when a friend tried pairing with a SONY speaker I had, she inadvertently tried pairing it to my Sony TV which has my SONOS hooked to it. As soon as I canceled the attempt, my SONOS quit playing sound thru my TV. I have not been able to get it to work again. I’ve tried resetting the TV speakers to internal & then back to external. I’ve tried pushing the button on the back of the SONOS arc. I’ve tried unplugging the HDMI cable to the SONOS, waiting 30 seconds & plugging it back in. I’ve tried unplugging the HDMI cable to the SONOS, waiting for my TV to switch automatically to internal speakers, plugging it back in & waiting for my TV to switch automatically back to my external speakers, which it does but still no sound. I’ve tried unplugging the power to the SONOS, TV & DISH Joey, waiting 30 seconds & plugging it back in. I’ve tried resetting the Joey & the network connection. I have a SONOS Boost, but I didn’t try unplugging it yet. I don’t know if that would do anything. 

Any suggestions to solve the issue? It’s been very frustrating.

icon

Best answer by jgatie 6 September 2021, 19:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Try this:

1. Using the Sony remote control, press the HOME button.
  2. Scroll down and select Settings.
  3. From the Network & Accessories menu, select Bluetooth settings.
  4. Select Device list.
  5. Select the device that you want to unpair (Sony speaker)
  6. Select Unpair.
  7. Select OK.

There are no devices paired

Userlevel 7

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the TV and Arc from power for a couple of minutes. Then plug the TV and Arc back in but keep everything disconnected from the TV. Power on the TV and make sure you have Bravia Sync (CEC) turned on. Run the TV Setup process in the Sonos app and connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI ARC port when the app instructs you. When the Arc is successfully connected, connect any other devices to the TV.

I managed to get it back working. I ended up running the TV setup again thru the app. I had also replaced the HDMI cable to the SONOS. I found that if I pushed both connector ends in securely, there wasn’t sound. However, If I wiggle the HDMI connector at the SONOS input I was able to get sound. This leads me to believe the electrical connection between the SONOS HDMI connector & it’s circuit board is intermittent or bad, which is sad after spending $800 on it less than a year ago.

Thanks for all your help. It’s appreciated.

Less than a year means it's still under warranty.  I'd contact customer support.