Question

Sonos no longer connecting to my Samsung Note9

Hi. I just bought a playbase. Connected it to my Samsung Note9 and ipad with ease. Day2 and beyond (been almost a week now) it wont connect to my Note9 anymore - "cannot connect to wofo". It stoll connects fone to my ipad. Please help. Diagnostics id is 2092783648

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18
Hi, Bensonan. It sounds like your note isn't connecting to the WiFi at all, going by that error message? Are you using a WiFi extender or multiple routers? As a test, can you try unplugging this/them? Also please see this article regarding WiFi interference. If that doesn't help, not to worry, we can still get to the bottom of this for you. We need to know more about your router, what make/model is it? Is this a domestic environment? Following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a further diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause. Many thanks in advance.
Hi Edward, thanks for reply.
Aside of to the Sonos Playbase, my Note9 is connecting perfectly to wifi. And my ipad is connected to the same wifi as my Note9 - the ipad connects my Note9 doesnt.

I gave a diagnostics id in my first post already.
Userlevel 5
Badge +18
Hi there. Yes you did indeed, I wasn't clear, I'm sorry. I meant to do so once again having applied any changes as a result of reading the article in my initial response. Very odd, the iPad seems to have a decent connection. Do you have any security of any type running on the Note 9? I know you said they're on the same WiFi, but do you have multiple WiFi AP's even if not being used for the current connection?
Thanks for the follow up.
I just ran another diagnostics id on my Sonos app: 1807080516.
Yes my i have a have multipe wifi options i can connect to, but of course i am using the i set the Playbase up on, amd the one connevted to my ipad.
I read the wifi interference article.. but given all is fine with the ipad, not sure thats relevant here.
Please can you respond / remedy.
What did the doagnostics id show you?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
It is the weekend, unlikely to see much from Sonos before Monday on the user to user forums. The twitter and facebook support sites are staffed 24x7 if you want an answer sooner than that.
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
Bensonan wrote:

Thanks for the follow up.
I just ran another diagnostics id on my Sonos app: 1807080516.
Yes my i have a have multipe wifi options i can connect to, but of course i am using the i set the Playbase up on, amd the one connevted to my ipad.
I read the wifi interference article.. but given all is fine with the ipad, not sure thats relevant here.

Hi there,

Your diagnostic report doesn't show a whole lot, just some info on your controller since it's not currently connected to your Sonos system. Your controller is connected to a wireless network starting with "nw_" is this the correct network?
Hi Jeff.

Correct, its connected to "NW_2A".. the same connection the Sonos was synced to, and the one i ise to control it via my ipad.

If there might be a problem with the Sonos playbase - please let me know asap so i can refund or exchange it
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Hey there, Bensonan. Neither diagnostic reports show any information about a Playbase. In this case, I would recommend getting in contact with our support team. They are able to get a closer look at what is going on in real time on the network and get this sorted for you.

Thanks!
Thanks. Your support team always takes 30mins+ to get through to.
Can you book for them to call me tomorrow at 7pm EST time?
Thanks
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
I'm unable to book an appointment to troubleshoot with our phone support team, as they work on a first come first served basis.

If you'd rather another support avenue, our team on Facebook and Twitter can help out at almost any time. While they may not be able to set up a remote session, they troubleshoot further and can build a support ticket that will be tracked and followed up on. If the problem ends up requiring even further troubleshooting and need remote access to resolve, they may be able to set up a call.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings