Sonos needs a scheduled reboot option in the app

• 31 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Given that a lot of solutions to issues with Sonos products is to reboot them (turn off at the mains outlet and wait a few minutes and then turn them back on), why is there no option to have Sonos power cycle the speaker in the app?

In my setup, there are a few speakers that it is difficult to get to the plug sockets, and they are mounted on brackets that means I cannot easily pull the cords out of the back of the speakers.

This seems like a no-brainer to me.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

There used to be a hidden URL to trigger a reboot, which could sometimes deal with an unresponsive or misbehaving unit, but this facility was withdrawn some time back.

Some have suggested an option in the controller app to reboot a player but a key issue is that the player has typically stopped responding to the app in the first place...

In many instances the ‘turn it off and on again’ advice is simply to fix low level network issues, such as addressing faults. If the unit is not addressable neither of the above would work.