Answered

Sonos Move won't play properly through Spotify

• 25 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi, all. I have a Sonos Move. I have trouble playing via the Spotify app. I can generally get it to play via Spotify now, but I have to go through a very awkward process: after I try and fail to play through Spotify once, I have to hold the power button on the speaker for about 10 seconds (speaker won't turn off otherwise after trying to play music from Spotify) then I can use speaker as normal using Spotify. Can you tell me how I can avoid having to do this painful process every time I want to use my speaker? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 25 April 2022, 21:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

What WiFi band is the Move using?.. If it’s running on the 5Ghz band, then perhaps switch it to the more penetrating 2.4Ghz band and remove the 5Ghz band credentials from your Sonos App network settings. Also ensure your router is using ‘fixed’ channel 1, 6 or 11 as those are non-overlapping - (note if using SonosNet for your other Sonos speakers, then set the SonosNet channel at least 5 channels away from your chosen router channel). 

One further thing that may greatly help, is to switch your routers 2.4Ghz band to use a channel-width of 20MHz only, that will help reduce wireless interference.

Hopefully those suggestions will go onto stop your ‘Move’ having playback issues with the Spotify App. 

HTH

Thanks very much, Ken