Sonos Move Sound Quality Gone Wonky

Had my Sonos Move a few weeks now & been loving it, perfect for what I wanted it for, however the last 2 days the sound quality has gone to a level of my old car stereo in my first Vauxhall Nova back in the day!! (And that was poor!)

It sounds like it has something over the front of it….not muffled but the sound is far away rather then clear and ‘right next to you’…..sorry for the poor description, it’s quite hard to explain.

It could be that I’ve pressed something without realising, at least I hope so after the cost of the speaker! Anyone had this & able to help?

TIA

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @Worledge10 

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your audio question.

• When you are using your Move, are you using it in Bluetooth mode or in WiFi with the rest of your Sonos system?
  • Is Trueplay engaged or is it off? 
  • Is this disturbance occurring at a particular volume level or audio source or is it uniform?
  • Can you submit a diagnostic report from your system while your Move is playing and include the confirmation number in your response?
  • Is it possible for you to take an audio or video recording of this playback issue so we can hear it too?

Any additional details you are able to provide can help us understand the source of this issue and resolve it with you.

I have the same problem. Anyone know what to do next? Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @admin57, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

In order for us to isolate the issue, we would need more info.

Kindly answer these questions as stated by Jean C.

• When you are using your Move, are you using it in Bluetooth mode or in WiFi with the rest of your Sonos system?
  • Is Trueplay engaged or is it off? 
  • Is this disturbance occurring at a particular volume level or audio source or is it uniform?
  • Can you submit a diagnostic report from your system while your Move is playing and include the confirmation number in your response?
  • Is it possible for you to take an audio or video recording of this playback issue so we can hear it too?

The more information we have the more precise our troubleshooting will be.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

Hi,

Bought my Sonos Move yesterday. On its second use I sadly have to deal with sound quality issues.

Here are my answers to your questions:

• Using both Bluetooth and WiFi (AirPlay), neither improves it

• TruePlay does not impact the quality of playback

• Volume nor source matter, the disturbance persists

• Diagnostic report 83783316

I must say I’m highly tempted to return the product. Please advise.

I have the same problem. The sound was good, even great, until suddenly it is awful. What to do?

I did a factory reset and that seems to have helped. 

Badge

Hi, has a solution for the sound issues been discovered yet?

switched mine on this morning and got the same sound quality issues here. Sounds more like AM radio than the usual lovely Move sound!

paul 

Hi,

I have the same problem as the users above. My Move used to sound great but a couple of days ago the sound quality dropped all of a sudden. Now sounds really ‘tinny’, all the previous richness has gone. Did a factory reset and didn’t make any difference. Diagnostic number 2043178445. Please can you help, the speaker sounds horrible now!

Thanks

Same issues here. Please help. Diagnostic Confirmation Number 536526853. Reset had no impact. True Play is On. Same experience on streaming, Bluetooth and AirPlay. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @awful_waffle 

If your Move sound quality is bad with all sources and a reset made no improvement, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team.