SONOS MOVE PAIR GO OFFLINE ALOT

Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 11 replies

Sonos Move stereo pair go offline and only reconnect after daily hard reset

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 30 April 2022, 12:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Badge

I have struggled with numerous calls to sonos support, which seems to have degraded over time. Sonos move stereo pair within 6 feet of 5 bar wifi linksys velop mesh node. I have tried every posted fix reset reboot reposition exit app use different tablet and they only work if i hard reset them daily, add them as product, create a stereo pair. These are new and they have sucked the energy to the tune of 8 hours with no remedy. The posts that I read seem to show NO resolution. I have channel scanned, only have 1 2.4ghz wifi    Help !

I’m not too familiar with linksys velop mesh, but I see that it has ‘multicast’ filtering options in its router configuration settings - have you tried disabling the filter to see if that resolves the issue… see this link that I came across online:

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/linksys-filter-multicast-71951.html

If not, then you can always enable it again after testing.

Sorry I originally posted an incorrect link - I’ve just corrected that in my original post.

Badge

It has been unchecked/disables always   I use a linksys velop system which works great. I have reviewd over 60 posts on this problem. Is there actually anyone using sonos move as a pair that DOESNT have the offline issue ? Any other suggestions appreciated. I tried the static IP address  that didnt help either

i have requested a return refund twice and no one will help If I cant solve I will file a credit card dispute

It has been unchecked/disables always   I use a linksys velop system which works great. I have reviewd over 60 posts on this problem. Is there actually anyone using sonos move as a pair that DOESNT have the offline issue ? Any other suggestions appreciated. I tried the static IP address  that didnt help either

i have requested a return refund twice and no one will help If I cant solve I will file a credit card dispute

You would need to speak to Sonos Staff with regards to any refunds, but as another Sonos user, like yourself, I have two Moves here at home and they sit happily on their charger-loops and never go offline, unless I have them off their charger and either allow them to sleep or put them over to a Bluetooth connection.

Have you tried to discover if it’s a local network multicast broadcast issue? Perhaps see what happens when you temporarily switch off your linksys satellite hubs and leave all connected to your primary hub/router, does that resolve your dropout issues? I’m assuming that if you have an ISP supplied router that it’s WiFi/DHCP server is disabled and merely acting as a modem.or at least it’s WiFi is disabled to help test if it’s a local network problem?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

My pair of moves work fine and never drop off the network unless I power them off

My pair of moves work fine and never drop off the network unless I power them off

It’s certainly not an issue, as I suspect the ‘Move’ is one of the popular Sonos products worldwide and I think these boards would ‘light up’ if there was a general problem with them regularly going offline and it’s been some time since the last software update.

My own thoughts are that this will likely be a network configuration issue and perhaps just needs a setting change on the Velop mesh, or other (undisclosed) network hardware and it might possibly be quickly resolved by perhaps speaking direct to either the Linksys Velop, or Sonos Support Staff.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

On a side note I would google linksys velop/sonos issues as when I purchased my mesh system I looked at a number of solutions before getting eero mesh

Just because a device has full bars does not mean the network is reliable and working well 

Badge

I called linksys, called sonos both say my configuration is supported. I am curious to get input from amyone using the Move in stereo pair with velop mesh. The other 12 devices are on Sonos mesh net and doing fine. Help !

I called linksys, called sonos both say my configuration is supported. I am curious to get input from amyone using the Move in stereo pair with velop mesh. The other 12 devices are on Sonos mesh net and doing fine. Help !

Perhaps do a little more digging here yourself. Setup the two ‘Moves’ so that they are not connected to the same Velop Hub/WiFi Band and/or Channel? - and see if you encounter a problem with that configuration, then perhaps try to get both devices operating on the same Hub/Band/Channel and see if all then work okay.

If the stereo setup does work in the latter instance, but not in the first configuration, then my own thoughts are that the issues quite likely lie with the Velop WiFi communication across its different network segments within the LAN subnet.

@Swsw 

It is also worth seeing if there are any issues that appear when the mobile controller device is connected on the same or different Velop Hubs/bands etc. compared to the two Moves, because if the Moves disappear from the App, but are still actually present and connected to the Velop network and can be ‘pinged’, then that may infer the Velop mesh is possibly also having some  difficulty with SSDP multicast broadcast between its network segments because Sonos uses that protocol for device discovery.

So these things could perhaps help you to identify where the problems may lie.  

Badge

the nighmare continues. I have demanded a return on Day 15 and I have voice mails and conversations recorded to show their commitment to refunding. NO ONE will process my return. SOMETHING BAD HAS HAPPENNED TO SONOS. Support team is uneducated, customer service hides behind the web anfd 4 call convieniently get disconnected. I have 2 paper weights AKA sonos Move twith the SAME Issue as hundreds have. NO Resolution. I will spend the next 5 days posting my factual negative reviews. I own a dozen of their products, but the Move is DOA id you ever take it off the base. 

Maybe sonos is being sold off. As they keep putting off the refund of these two units