Answered

Sonos Move Offline very often, problem to get it Online

• 8 July 2021
  • 4 replies

My Sonos Move is Offline in the morning. All other Sonos unit work good. It has power all night. Then it have problem to get it Online. Find missing unit dont work. I have to restart all Sonos Unit, and WiFi thant it can bee Online. No problem with WiFi for all other unit I have works fine with WiFi. The problem have been more and more last mounth.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 9 July 2021, 11:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

My Sonos Move is Offline in the morning. All other Sonos unit work good. It has power all night. Then it have problem to get it Online. Find missing unit dont work. I have to restart all Sonos Unit, and WiFi thant it can bee Online. No problem with WiFi for all other unit I have works fine with WiFi. The problem have been more and more last mounth.

If the device goes off regularly overnight it’s perhaps an IP address leasing issue by your router. Try adding the Move’s IP address to the routers DHCP reservation table and see if that resolves the matter.

Made the reservation for IP Macadress. Played whole evening. Stop playing and the Move still have power on. On the morning Move is offline when I start playing. Tryed to hold down the play botten for 6sek so the Move should play the same music as the other spekers play, nothing happens. Powerd off and on the Move. Check after 1 min still offline. After 5-10 minutes it suddenly has gone online and works fine. 

Tony

Made the reservation for IP Macadress. Played whole evening. Stop playing and the Move still have power on. On the morning Move is offline when I start playing. Tryed to hold down the play botten for 6sek so the Move should play the same music as the other spekers play, nothing happens. Powerd off and on the Move. Check after 1 min still offline. After 5-10 minutes it suddenly has gone online and works fine. 

Tony

Try powering off the charger loop completely for one minute. The move should not go into sleep mode if it’s left on the charger-loop.

Off its charger-loop it will goto sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity.

Give the move a few seconds between any button presses too (don’t rush to press different buttons. Here’s some more info re: the Move buttons etc:

Power Button (Top)

• Off the charger-loop, a short press puts the Move into standby (or wake's it up). The Move falls into standby too (off it's charger-loop on WiFi) after 30 mins of inactivity. Simply opening the Sonos App (from fully closed state) on the same WiFi network will also wake-up the speaker.
  • A long press (5+ seconds) (off it's charger-loop) will turn off the Move completely.

Wifi/BT button (Middle)

• A short press will toggle BT mode/WiFi mode
  • A long press, when in BT mode, will enable BT pairing mode, to link a new mobile etc.

Join Button (Bottom)

• A short press will start pairing mode for Sonos Controller connection (initial setup of speaker only).
  • A long press will activate a snapshot button Diagnostic (you will see the LED switching colors, press the same button once more to get out of this mode), for example, while in Bluetooth mode you can trigger a Diagnostic in this way and reboot the 'Move' and submit a Diagnostic via the Sonos controller App.

USB-C charger for the Move needs output levels: 12V/3A, 15V/3A, 20V/2.25A. 

The power adapter must be USB PD (Power Delivery). For 45W operation the PD source must put out either 20V/2.25A (or higher current) or 15V/3A (or higher current). For 36W operation the PD source must put out 12V/3A or 15V/2.4A and charging speed is reduced if listening to audio at the same time. Anything less than 36W will not power or charge Move.

The Move have not ben Offline any more now. It seem work better. Thanks for this time.