Answered

Sonos Move not working correctly.

• 21 September 2020
  • 7 replies

My Sonos move displays in the app but does not display battery charge and won't enable status lights or touch controls.

I've tried full turn of but still won't display correctly.

icon

Best answer by Paul A 26 September 2020, 21:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @AlephOne.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to recommend the following basic troubleshooting steps.

1. Remove the Sonos Move from the charging bay.
  2. Turn off the Move by pressing the power button for 10-15 secs until the light on top disappears.
  3. place the Sonos Move back on it’s charging bay and without pressing any buttons, the Sonos Move should turn on by itself.
  4. If the battery indicator on the Sonos app appears, I suggest observing as it may just be a glitch.
  5. If the battery indicator on the Sonos app not disappear, submit a diagnostic, and call our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps.

Please let us know how it goes.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. we are always here to help.

Thanks,

After a few more days the Sonos move won't turn on. All lights are off and it's not displayed in the Sonos app. When I place the Sonos on the charging bay it shows an orange light but after a few seconds disappears. I tried to charge with a usb-c cable but I doesn't make any difference.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @AlephOne.

Thanks for the update and immediate response. This is no longer a normal behavior and we do not want our customers experiencing such with our products.

I would like to recommend contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or for a possible product replacement.

Please let us know how it goes.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. we are always here to help.

Thanks,

Thank you @Paul A , I've reached out to the technical support team and my Sonos move is going to be replaced.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @AlephOne.

Thanks for the immediate response and update.

I’m glad that you have considered my recommendation of contacting our technical support team and your Sonos Move will be replaced.I do hope you continue to enjoy your Sonos and your music once your replacement Sonso Move is at hand.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. Please do not hesitate to create a topic. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

My Sonos move won’t even turn on! I’ve left it to charge abs the white light doesn't even display. Only had it a month aswell. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Maisie.n.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. Allow me to share some information to help out.

I would like to recommend following the steps I provided above to check if that would help resolve your issue.

• Remove the Sonos Move from the charging bay.
  • Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds until the Sonos Move is officially turned off.
  • Place the Sonos Move back into it’s charging bay. Without pressing any button, it should turn on by it self.
  • If the Sonos Move does not turn on or have any light indicator on top, I would suggest calling our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement.

Please let me know how it goes and keep me posted.

Thanks.