Sonos Move flashing red battery light

Was on the deck last and after 2 or 3 hours the battery level indicator started to flash red. I read that this indicates a ‘fault condition’. Does anyone know what that means, and what would trigger that? Is it a fatal condition?

thx. 

Paul A 3 years ago

Hi @all.

Thanks for the immediate and detailed response.

I would like to recommend calling our technical support team for a more in-depth troubleshooting steps. Flashing red on a Sonos move is not a normal behavior and indicates battery issue.

You may also want to do the basic trouble shooting steps.

1. Remove the Sonos Move from the charging bay.
  2. Turn off the Move by pressing the power button for 10-15 secs until the light on top disappears.
  3. place the Sonos Move back on it’s charging bay and without pressing any buttons, the Sonos Move should turn on by itself.
  4. If the red light disappears, I suggest to observe as it may just be a glitch.
  5. If the red light does not disappear, submit a diagnostic and call out technical support team.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. we are always here to help.

Thanks,

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @jharman.

Thanks for the immediate and detailed response.

Let us observe for some time. Maybe a 24-48 hours observation would be enough. If the issue re-occurs I would recommend contacting our technical support team for a more in-depth troubleshooting step or possible product replacement. Placing it on it’s charging bay and the issue disappears can be concluded that the battery at the time it flashed red was accurate information that the Sonos Move might have low batteries. Let us try to observe the battery life based on this guide about charging Sonos Move which also provides information on how long does a full charge last.

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

Still having battery related issues. Just pulled the Move off the charger and it showed 50% power. But have been playing it now for about 30m or so and the battery is holding, diminishing only as expected, a few % points.

Ran a diagnostic anyway. Here's the output 145818217

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @jharman.

Thanks for the update and immediate response and for submitting a diagnostic.

Based on the provided diagnostic, there was an indication that the Sonos system is failing to read the battery level. It may be a clear indication of a fault.  I would recommend contacting our technical support team for a more in-depth troubleshooting step or possible product replacement. 

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

The same for me, report: 716780914

according to the app move is 100% charged

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @piotr.dz .

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you are having isues with your Sonos Move. Let me help you out with that.

I would like to recommend the following steps accordingly.

2. Turn off the Move by pressing the power button for 10-15 secs until the light on top disappears.
  3. place the Sonos Move back on its charging bay and without pressing any buttons, the Sonos Move should turn on by itself.
  4. If the red light disappears, I suggest observing as it may just be a glitch.
  5. If the red light does not disappear, submit a diagnostic, and call our technical support team.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. we are always here to help.

Thanks,

Hi

I am having the red flashing light issue, have tried the steps 1-5 above but doesn’t resolve the problem.

Have sent a diagnostic report, the number is 1058234471.

Grateful if you would email me advice how to resolve.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

H @Brucey147.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and for following the recommended guide above. I understand that after following the recommendations above, the issue still persists. Let me help you out.

I would like to suggest contacting our technical support team as my final recommendation above for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement as the above recommendation is the fix for the Sonos Move red light status glitch.

Thanks,

I've had a similar issue. Brought my Sonos Move with me on holiday for my hotel room. Operated for a few days on Bluetooth. Unit suddenly stopped playing music one day so I put it on the charger. Charge light started flashing orange on and off. Left it on charger for the day. Came back and it was still flashing. No lights on top at all. Unit now will not reset. Charging light flashes on charger and off charger. Held power button for 30 secs. No change, charging light still flashing. Phones in a ticket to Sonos but they can't do anything until I get home as my hotel has public WiFi only.  Great, no music for the rest of my holiday!  

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Peter Daulby.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. I understand it can be quite frustrating not being able to make use of something you just bought. Let me help you out with that.

I would like to recommend following the guide I have quoted below as your Sonos Move may have been on a power-off mode due to the battery being low and may have not have sufficient battery at the moment it was placed back on the charging bay.

Hi @piotr.dz .

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you are having isues with your Sonos Move. Let me help you out with that.

I would like to recommend the following steps accordingly.

3. place the Sonos Move back on its charging bay and without pressing any buttons, the Sonos Move should turn on by itself.
  4. If the red light disappears, I suggest observing as it may just be a glitch.
  5. If the red light does not disappear, submit a diagnostic, and call our technical support team.

Thanks,

Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Thanks Paul. As I mentioned there is no light on the top, on or off the charger. The battery light has now stopped flashing and the unit is totally unresponsive.  I'll have to wait until after my holiday and call again on WiFi for diagnostic. Thanks.