Question

Sonos Move flashing red battery light

Was on the deck last and after 2 or 3 hours the battery level indicator started to flash red. I read that this indicates a ‘fault condition’. Does anyone know what that means, and what would trigger that? Is it a fatal condition?

thx. 

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I’ve had the same issue with my Move and I think you’re now the third person on the forum reporting the same issue.

In my case, I just placed it on the dock to charge it and the issue with the blinking red light disappeared. It’s been weeks since this happened and never occurred again.

BTW, not sure about you, but in my case the Move kept on playing music just fine while the red light was flashing.

Exact use case as mine. Had my Move back in the deck last night after resetting it and charging it and no red light.

It played fine with/without blinking red. I did though have trouble reconnecting to the app on red night, and I believe ( but can’t recall) that it went into fault after reconnecting. 

BTW, mine played just fine as well

Just notice mine doing it. Seems to be working but had stopped playing without being told to and a few days ago had a Max volume moment. 

I’ve emailed support as requested.