Answered

Sonos Move BT doesn't connect with my projector epson-ef-100b

• 26 March 2020
  • 6 replies

As the title suggest, I'm trying to pair my sonos move with my projector. But I keep getting an error message that the Move doesn't support SCMS-T?
Is there a fix or workaround for this issue?

Regards,
Lawrence

icon

Best answer by lcsraw 30 March 2020, 13:53

Well if anyone wondered…. Helpdesk told me my projector probably has the wrong settings and wished me a good day. So I'm sending the Move back.

The whole concept of the Move is great but so far I've run into a lot of teething problems… You might want to wait out a few updates before getting one.

View original

6 replies

Hey @AjTrek1,

No problem, I'm gonna call today to the dutch Sonos support and see if they can help me out.
I did indeed check for those 3 things you mentioned before posting here.

To be honest, I'm pretty bummed out about the Move. The first one which arrived worked for 1 day and then went dead. Sonos did hit me up with a replacement pretty quick but still. A dead one and then one I got a working one it doesn't do a simple pairing which my 15€ speaker does without issue….
So let's see what support says.

Well if anyone wondered…. Helpdesk told me my projector probably has the wrong settings and wished me a good day. So I'm sending the Move back.

The whole concept of the Move is great but so far I've run into a lot of teething problems… You might want to wait out a few updates before getting one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

SCMS-T must not be supported and doesn’t look like way to turn off on epson

Userlevel 7

@lcsraw 

Looking at the link below I see no specification that the Epson EF 100B is BT compatible. Why do you think the Move should be reocognized by the Epson?

https://www.epson.com.au/products/projector/EF-100B_Specs.asp

@lcsraw

Looking at the link below I see no specification that the Epson EF 100B is BT compatible. Why do you think the Move should be reocognized by the Epson?

https://www.epson.com.au/products/projector/EF-100B_Specs.asp

Hey @AjTrek1 ,

Thanks for your response! If you look under the header Advanced Features on the website you linked you'll see that the projector supports BT audio. Furthermore, the projector found the Move but when trying to connect the message shows that the projector doesn't support devices without SMCS-T.

Regards

Userlevel 7

Hi @lcsraw 

Sorry. I missed that the projector does support BT under Advanced Features. I contacted Level 1 Sonos Tech Suuport and unforunatley they do not have an answer at the moment. They will have to check with the Move Engineering Team for a definite answer. The Sonos technician agreed to get back to me once an answer was obtained. You can aslo call yourself if you like to 1.800.680.2345 and plead your case.

A few things to remember when paring the Move with a BT device:

1. If another devcie has been previously paired with the Move and that device is in range the Move will ignore the Epson and pair to the other device. You must turn-off BT on the previously paired device before it will recognize the Epson.
  2. After the Move learns multiple BT devices (6 max) it will always default to the last used device; if that device is actively sending a BT signal.
  3. The Move must not be on Wi-Fi

Sorry, I couldn’t be of more help at this time.  Cheers!