Answered

Sonos Move Battery light steady/constant orange

• 16 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello guys! 

My Sonos Move does not start, my cat has destroyed the charge base… So I am trying to charge it with USB-C instead, and what happens is that the status light flashes twice, at the same time as the second flash, the microphone light flashes and then these two stop. Then the battery light is constantly lit orange / red and nothing more happens. I have tried with four different chargers and several different cables, the same result all the time. Do you think the battery has run out or could it be something else?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 22 September 2021, 10:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Not sure if this may assist… (copied from another thread on the forum)…

The power adapter must be USB PD (Power Delivery). For 45W operation the PD source must put out either 20V/2.25A (or higher current) or 15V/3A (or higher current). For 36W operation the PD source must put out 12V/3A or 15V/2.4A and charging speed is reduced if listening to audio at the same time. Anything less than 36W will not power or charge the ‘Move’.

Hello and thanks for answering, but I am pretty sure that my chargers should deliver what you say. This is the new one I just bought and it says total output 60 W. I have also tried with my Macbook Pro charger and it delivers 61 W. I will go to a store and try to charge it in a Charge base on saturday to see if that works :)

• Total output: 60 W
  • Output 2 x USB-C: 5V / 3 A, 9V / 3 A, 12V / 3 A, 15V / 3 A, 20V / 5 A (100 W max, Power Delivery 3.0)
  • Output 1 x USB-A: 3.6-6.5V / 3A, 6.5-9V / 2 A, 9-12V / 1.5 A (Quick Charge 3.0)
  • Input: AC 100-240V 50/60 Hz 1.8 A

Hello and thanks for answering, but I am pretty sure that my chargers should deliver what you say. This is the new one I just bought and it says total output 60 W. I have also tried with my Macbook Pro charger and it delivers 61 W. I will go to a store and try to charge it in a Charge base on saturday to see if that works :)

• Total output: 60 W
  • Output 2 x USB-C: 5V / 3 A, 9V / 3 A, 12V / 3 A, 15V / 3 A, 20V / 5 A (100 W max, Power Delivery 3.0)
  • Output 1 x USB-A: 3.6-6.5V / 3A, 6.5-9V / 2 A, 9-12V / 1.5 A (Quick Charge 3.0)
  • Input: AC 100-240V 50/60 Hz 1.8 A

Did you connect it to Output 2 (USB-C) on the charger, with nothing else connected to Output 1?

Yes, I have tried both for several hours and nothing happens, I give up and will go to a store trying on the “real charger”. Thanks for engaging :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @JesLib 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you’re still having this problem with charging your Move via USB-C, then I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

@Corry P Thanks, I contacted Sonos in Sweden and they helped me with my problem! :)