Answered

Sonos Move - Battery light flashing red and battery lasted 8 hours

• 14 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi community!
I bought a Sonos Move two weeks ago approximately. 
First day of use the battery light flashed red and I visited the vendor in mu country (Chile, Sound Advisor), after a week the vendor says my Sonos don't have any problem, the problem did'nt apper in his lab :expressionless: .
Today I had time to test and I listened music "all day" and...

• The battery light flashing red again and after to conect in  his charge base it normalize, Is it normal? .
  • Battery charge lasted exactly 8 hours with an average volume of 40%. Is it normal? I expected 11 hours or at least 10 hours of music without charging.

I appreciate your comments.

Javier.-

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 14 September 2021, 03:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Is the battery light flashing red or orange? If it is flashing red, it could be experiencing a fault condition. You should contact Sonos Support.

Pausing, volume level, Bluetooth, heat exposure, microphone/voice assistant use, and other factors will cause battery life to fluctuate. So it is not out of the ordinary to get less than 11 hours of battery charge. But I would still contact Sonos Support about the flashing red light.

Hi community!
I bought a Sonos Move two weeks ago approximately. 
First day of use the battery light flashed red and I visited the vendor in mu country (Chile, Sound Advisor), after a week the vendor says my Sonos don't have any problem, the problem did'nt apper in his lab :expressionless: .
Today I had time to test and I listened music "all day" and...

• The battery light flashing red again and after to conect in  his charge base it normalize, Is it normal? .
  • Battery charge lasted exactly 8 hours with an average volume of 40%. Is it normal? I expected 11 hours or at least 10 hours of music without charging.

I appreciate your comments.

Javier.-

I called Sonos MX support and had two experiences.
The first one mentioned to me that the red battery light was normal and it had happened in several of their MOVE products, so I performed some tests to rule out that the battery has no problems. If after connecting the MOVE to the base the battery was still red there was a problem but it was not the case, they also asked me if the MOVE was still working with the red battery light, and it was the case, SONOS support told me not worried and in the logs sent there was no temperature problems either.
After that, I asked for the duration of the battery that seemed little to me 8 hours at a volume of 40%, the agent did not find it normal either and he asked me to perform a test with the equipment charged to 100% and volume to 50%, this test I did it the next day and the battery only lasted 6 hours but when I called SONOS MX support where I was attended by a different agent the day before, she mentioned that the duration I mentioned was normal, that the 11 hours that the product mentions may vary.

It would be interesting to know what the conditions are for the product to last 11 hours playing. maybe a volume of 5% in a piece with AC at 19 ° hehehe it's a joke. :sweat_smile: