Question

Sonos Move battery life - Help!

• 12 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

Good evening, I’ve had my Move for about 4 months now and usually have it sat on its base. However, whenever I take it off to use it elsewhere in the house, the battery dies really quickly? 

For example, today I took it off the base (it hasn’t moved from there in a few days so should be fully charged) and into the room I work out in for about 45 minutes (of music play time). I then turned the music off and went about my evening before grabbing it 2 hours later to take back upstairs, by which point it was totally dead. This has happened on a few occasions and I’ve never actually attempted to have it running on battery for longer than that. 

Surely this isn’t normal? Can I expect that sort of performance or is it likely my unit has a bad battery? Any help appreciated before I contact Sonos! 

Joe

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Jgalla3000

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community and bringing this to us right away.

In the previous software update, Sonos Move has gained an additional hour of battery life. It can now support up to 11 hours of continuous playtime on battery.

There are factors that may cause the battery life to fluctuate like pausing, volume level, and heat exposure. If left off the charging base and unused, the battery will last about 120 hours.

Based on your experience, your Sonos Move battery is draining fast than normal, I suggest contacting our phone support for more in-depth troubleshooting steps. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.