Sonos Move appears offline in app but can still stream radio

• 29 January 2021
  • 3 replies

For the last few days I have been unable to control my Sonos Move via the Sonos App. After several months of working without issue, the Sonos App reports my Move as being “Offline” however, I can use Apple AirPlay to stream music with the Move and it still plays the TuneIn radio station I have set as a daily alarm in the Sonos App. Have tried turning off and on but no luck so far. Any ideas before I do factory reset? I have other Sonos speakers on the same network and they are working fine…. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Farer.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me check it for you.

To better understand what’s going on, can you replicate the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly when it happens, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and go from there, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

I have the same issue so interested in how this was resolved.  I do not have the option to submit a diagnostic report.

I have just turned off the Move and taken it next to the router and turned it back on.  It is now showing as online and connected.

Hi, apologies for bumping this, but seemed sensible since my issue is identical. I've had the Move since it came out, and the last couple of days, have had this issue.

As I write now, it is playing steamed radio via WiFi, but showing offline on the app. I submitted diagnostics, ref number is 1315216888. Any help really appreciated!