Question

Sonos Move Alexa problems

• 21 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have recently purchased the Sonos Move, and there is a problem with Alexa. When the speaker is paused or not plying any music, it hears the Alexa command just fine, but when music is playing, even very quietly, she doesn’t respond, no matter how loud I shout Alexa. Sometimes it does if I fully turn off the speaker and reboot it, but again after a few commands it will stop responding as soon as anything is playing on it. I have 3 Sonos ones that are all excellent at picking up my voice when they are playing music, so I know this is a Move issue. Also, please note that I realise that you can’t use Alexa in Bluetooth mode. This is purely on WiFi like the rest of my system. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Greeneel78.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. Allow me to share with you my recommendation to help out.

Based on the provided situation, I would recommend contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement.  The Sonos Move should behave thesame way as your Sonos Ones regardless if there is a music being played or not. The fact that Alexa only responds when there is no music being played and would not respond when there is music being played, is an indication of a loose or possible microphone issue with the Sonos Move. Contacting our technical support team may have things sorted out for you.

Please let me know how it goes and keep me posted.

Thanks,