Answered

sonos move

• 30 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi all, I am about to purchase a Sonos move , I already have 2 Sonos play 1's connected with a sonos beam grouped in one room.

My question is will I be able to use my move seperately and together with my existing Room (as above) when I so wish please ? 

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 30 March 2021, 15:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Many thanks Danny

Hi all, I am about to purchase a Sonos move , I already have 2 Sonos play 1's connected with a sonos beam grouped in one room.

This statement needs clarification.  ‘Grouping’ in Sonos terms means 2 Sonos room temporarily group together to play audio in sync.  What you described above sounds more like you have a Beam and play:1s bonded for surround music to form a single Sonos room, always playing the same audio at the same volume..  If that’s the case, your beam and play:1 are bonded, not grouped.  It seems like semantics, but makes a difference when considering what you can and cannot do with Sonos in your home.

My question is will I be able to use my move seperately and together with my existing Room (as above) when I so wish please ? 

The Move will be a separate Sonos room, and cannot be bonded to your existing room (Beam + play:1s for surrounds).  As I stated above you can group two rooms together, so your Move can play the same audio at your existing room, or it can play separately.  However, for TV audio, the Move would play the audio slightly behind your other room, as it’s buffered for multirooom audio. Not a problem is the Move is in a different room in the house, but creates an echo effect if the grouped rooms are in the same physical room.  Also, when the Move is in bluetooth mode, it can’t be grouped with other Sonos rooms (not the case for the new Sonos Roam).

So the sort understand is yes, but perhaps not in the way you were thinking.