Answered

Sonos keeps cutting out on music. Fine for TV

When playing Amazon Music it will play for 20-30 seconds and then cut out. For TV, it works fine. I’ve removed baby monitors from room. Diagnostic confirmation #1930784357.
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 15 May 2018, 23:53

When playing Amazon Music it will play for 20-30 seconds and then cut out. For TV, it works fine. I’ve removed baby monitors from room. Diagnostic confirmation #1930784357.

Hi Mvaliollahi,

Welcome to the community. I see in your report that your Sonos speakers are having a hard time staying connected to your wireless network while streaming. This may be due to wireless interference from nearby networks. Your guest network is running on the same wireless channel as your main network, it may help to change your main network's wireless channel to 11 or 1. Please try that out and send along a new diagnostic report if any issues continue.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Mvaliollahi,

Welcome to the community. I see in your report that your Sonos speakers are having a hard time staying connected to your wireless network while streaming. This may be due to wireless interference from nearby networks. Your guest network is running on the same wireless channel as your main network, it may help to change your main network's wireless channel to 11 or 1. Please try that out and send along a new diagnostic report if any issues continue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Additionally, it seems that your Sonos system is set up wirelessly on a mesh network (Google WiFi). You may want to consider switching to a Boost setup by plugging any of your Sonos devices into the main Google WiFi routing unit.

After, please test the audio and let us know if the issue persists. Thanks again!