Answered

Sonos keeps cutting out

I’ve got 3 play:1/ 2 x playbar/ 4 x one / connect / connect amp. They keep cutting out as though it’s buffering but my speed is consistently over 50mb. It’s really frustrating. My diagnostic is 785806521.
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 9 June 2018, 18:56

Hi

Great news. You don't need a Boost to be in boost mode, just one or more sonos players connected via an Ethernet cable. Just make sure that you remove any wi-fi credentials in the Sonos app and select Reset in wi-fi setup.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Great news. You don't need a Boost to be in boost mode, just one or more sonos players connected via an Ethernet cable. Just make sure that you remove any wi-fi credentials in the Sonos app and select Reset in wi-fi setup.
Apologies, I never answered your ‘standard’ v ‘boost’ question. I’m on standard. I have quite a few of my units plugged in via Ethernet (my entire network switche(s) and and router is ‘Unify’ tech). I thought this would effectively do the same job as a boost. Is this correct or would I be better with a boost?

I’m 5 minutes in and still no fault ?
Thank you for the advice. I’ve just completed rebooting in the order you suggested. I’ve also moved to Channel 1 and just started playing. 90 seconds in and no faults yet. Fingers crossed
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

As a start I suggest you boot these devices in the following order, allowing each device to complete it's boot sequence before moving to the next:

- Router
- Any wired network switch
- Any wired Sonos device
- All over Sonos devices
- If possible, all other connected wi-fi devices (To ensure no duplicate IP addresses)…and I acknowledge this will be a pain!

Are you running in Standard or Boost mode?