Sonos is playing, but there's no sound...

• 19 June 2018
  • 5 replies

My Sonos app shows that it is connected and that music is playing. However, there's no sound coming from any of the Sonos speakers.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I hate to state the obvious, but have you double checked that 1) the volume is up, and 2) the mute isn't on?

What's the source of music you're playing? Has it worked before now, and this is a new thing, or is this a new system you've just set up?
Yes, checked and the volume is up and not muted. Source is my iTunes library. I haven’t had any problems till now.
Huh. I think that I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Userlevel 2
Did you find a solution? mine are doing this today.
Controller says its playing with volume. I even rebooted the main speaker. Tried grouping, nothing!
I have this issue on my Sonos 5. Contacted tech support through Twitter. They were efficient and helpful, told me indeed, my speaker failed after a recent update, but then they suggested I "simply return my Sonos for a replacement..." for which it you turns out Sonos would charge me $282.96. Wow. So, my $500 speaker was only built to last 3 years? The speakers my parents bought in 1980 still work as well as the day they bought them. Yeah, I'm bitter.