Answered

sonos is not shuffling apple music library

• 30 August 2022
  • 7 replies

My sonos app is no longer shuffling my apple music library. This needs to be fixed asap. I have around 1000 songs in my library. I have had sonos for over 5 years and I have used sonos for music everyday. I use it with my Samsung galaxy s10+. 

Not being able to shuffle music is a deal breaker so if this doesn't get fixed, I will be looking into other sound systems. 

icon

Best answer by controlav 1 September 2022, 14:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You can shuffle the Sonos queue with any content. Please be specific about what exactly has changed for you? I think you need to complain to Apple, but its hard to be sure without more detail.

It is not an apple music app issue. I'm using the sonos app. When you go on sonos->apple music->songs->click on any song

Normally it automatically shuffles the whole apple music library. Shuffle is enabled on the queue but now it only plays the one song I click on. If I want to play additional songs, I have to add it individually to my queue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Blesson92 I’m sure you are very bothered by this problem, but why lace your post with commands (“needs to be fixed asap”) and threats (“if this doesn't get fixed, I will be looking into other sound systems”)? Especially since:

• this is a user community, so you’re speaking to other users and not to Sonos; and
  • you’ve not made certain this is even a Sonos thing to fix - Sonos provides a connection point for Apple, but Apple is responsible for anything after that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

It is not an apple music app issue. I'm using the sonos app. When you go on sonos->apple music->songs->click on any song

Normally it automatically shuffles the whole apple music library. Shuffle is enabled on the queue but now it only plays the one song I click on. If I want to play additional songs, I have to add it individually to my queue. 

Does Apple Music / Library / Songs / Shuffle not do what you require?

Certainly clicking on an individual song isn’t going to shuffle anything, because how could it? It’s just one song.

When you are on apple music app, on the song library, click on any song. It will create a queue of songs shuffled or in alphabetical order. This is something sonos did before. 

When you are in the sonos app, click on apple music, go to the song library, click on a song, it only plays that one song and doesn't create a queue like it used to. 

This is clearly a sonos app issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Why? Because you see something different in de Sonos app? It is still not clear if Apple did not change things. It would be nice to know if others have this problem too, so we could maybe find out more.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

When you are on apple music app, on the song library, click on any song. It will create a queue of songs shuffled or in alphabetical order. This is something sonos did before. 

When you are in the sonos app, click on apple music, go to the song library, click on a song, it only plays that one song and doesn't create a queue like it used to. 

I lack a time machine so cannot determine exactly what used to happen, but I can say that the options presented on a song from a music service in the Sonos app are determined entirely by that music service. ie if it did change, it was Apple’s decision to do so.

However, I have never seen any music service offer shuffle from an individual song, and I am unclear how that is technically possible based on my understanding of SMAPI, so I have to question the accuracy of your memory on this.