Answered

Sonos is connected and playing music, but no sound

• 9 August 2017
  • 7 replies

I have three Sonos devices - and all are connected to play the same music. This morning, my Play 5 and Sub don't play sound. However, my other Play 5 plays sound. All show that they're connected and playing sound. They're all connected together (it's a big room), too. Solid white lights on all. I tried disconnecting my Sub and adding it back; still no sound.

What's the deal?
icon

Best answer by adamsmo 10 August 2017, 17:14

Update: I ended up calling Support. They made a bunch of changes remotely (removing and re-adding devices, etc). Overall, very helpful and they resolved it.

Note: unplugging items or messing with my router was not part of the troubleshooting.
View original

7 replies

Not enough information to hazard a guess, but I do have a suggestion. Unplug the speakers from the power, then reboot your router. Then plug back in one speaker, wait a minute, then move to the next speaker, lather, rinse, repeat until all speakers are plugged back in.

If that doesn't work, I'd submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at.
Update: I ended up calling Support. They made a bunch of changes remotely (removing and re-adding devices, etc). Overall, very helpful and they resolved it.

Note: unplugging items or messing with my router was not part of the troubleshooting.
I’m having the same problem. Diagnostics submitted #1260622263.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I’m having the same problem. Diagnostics submitted #1260622263.

Thanks for sending in the report. I see 2 things in your report which may explain the issue. First, the ethernet cable your Bridge is connecting to your router with may be faulty. Please try replacing the ethernet cable. Also, there looks to be some wireless interference from nearby signals. Try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using.
Actually, my wife used the app on her phone to start the music. My app was not displaying the information about the song that was playing. I deleted the app from my phone and reinstalled it. After about 5 minutes, the app updated and I was able to control my system.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Actually, my wife used the app on her phone to start the music. My app was not displaying the information about the song that was playing. I deleted the app from my phone and reinstalled it. After about 5 minutes, the app updated and I was able to control my system.

That's great to hear. Let me know if any other issues come up.
Hello - I'm having same issue - the app is showing music playing but no sound from any speakers. Diagnostic - 45250396