Answered

Sonos iPhone ios 15 app not working

• 31 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

iPhone app only controls volume, will not control station selection or speaker selection but omputer app works fine.  I have one speaker hard wired to router, others are wifi.   All works well with computers but not at all with iPhone app.   I get the message “unable to play the station”

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 31 May 2022, 16:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

As a guess, there is something odd about the way your iPhone is connecting to your WiFi, and there just isn’t enough information to know for sure. 

What kind of Sonos speakers do you have? If they’re Sonos Moves and Roams, I’d want to know the nature of your network, mesh or single router, bit if they’re other Sonos speakers, and you have one wired, then they should all be on SonosNet, and not your WiFi signal directly. 

Which version of the Sonos app are you using, on which type of computer? Which version is on your iPhone? What station is it you’re trying to play which works on one controller but not the other?

You might want to cut through all of this by submitting a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and calling Sonos Support to discuss it. In your case, I’d probably submit one from your computer, and a second one from your iPhone, for comparison, before calling in. 

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.