Answered

Sonos iOS app crashing

All of a sudden, my app on iPhone is crashing. I Hv sonos playbase with home theatre and Alexa connected.

Any thoughts / guidance on resolving this?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 10 March 2018, 16:51

Well, if you had the controller installed on another device, that would be where to submit the diagnostic from, but I’m afraid that if the app isn’t even starting on your iPhone X, there wouldn’t be any accessible data on the Sonos for them to see anything about why it is crashing in startup.

I think your best bet at this point would be to call in to Sonos and get one of their techs to walk through the issue with you.

View original

5 replies

Huh, I've never had that issue on any of my iOS devices. So let me give you a suggestion, and you can let me know if it doesn't work.

First, delete the app from your iPhone. Then do a hard reboot of the phone, by powering it down for a minute before restarting it.

Once it's booted up, go back to the app store and download a new copy of the app. Don't worry about your settings, they're saved on the speakers, not the phone. When you start up the app, be sure to "connect to existing system" and don't set up a new system.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of iPhone (model 😵 is it? Which version of iOS are you running?
Thanks buddy.

Unfortunately that did not help. I am on iPhone X
Interesting. What version of iOS are you running? Have you submitted a diagnostic for the Sonos folks to look at? Do you have any other apps running? Does the crash happen when you are issuing specific commands, or does it just crash randomly?
I am on iOS 11.2.6.

Unfortunately, the app just crashes as soon as touch it, and I am not able to go to any of the menu, not sure, how do I get and submit diagnostics
Well, if you had the controller installed on another device, that would be where to submit the diagnostic from, but I’m afraid that if the app isn’t even starting on your iPhone X, there wouldn’t be any accessible data on the Sonos for them to see anything about why it is crashing in startup.

I think your best bet at this point would be to call in to Sonos and get one of their techs to walk through the issue with you.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings