Question

Sonos internet stream stops and music starts on iPhone

• 30 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

For quite a while now I’ve been having an incredibly frustrating situation.   I am listening to the local PBS stream on my sonos after starting from my iphone.  At random times the stream stops playing and my iphone starts playing whatever song is queued (but not playing) in my music.  I then have to restart the PBS station stream.   I believe the issue is related to the SONOS App as the behavior goes away if I kill the SONOS app on the phone.

Relevant version info:

iphone:  iPhone11 ver 13.6.1

Sonos App: version 11.2.2 

Sonos System Info:
Sonos Connect
Sonos OS S1
build 57379200
HW Version: 1.16.5.5-1.0
Series ID: P100

sent diags conf 201791734; 

station playing:  KQED-FM on SONOS Radio (although I have seen this prior to SONOS Radio when using iHeart & TuneIn and on different stations)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @jammerdjc.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the troubleshooting steps that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

Upon checking on the diagnostic, the system detected a potential faulty ethernet cable.

Have you perhaps unplugged the ethernet cable when you submit the diagnostic?

I suggest checking first the ethernet cable, ensure that it is still securely connected, if you have a spare cable, it will be best to try and replace it.

You may also refer to this article, it provides common fixes for audio interruptions while playing music services on Sonos.

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, please submit a new diagnostic report through the Sonos app and provide us the confirmation number, it can help us identify what is causing your issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.