Question

SONOS Gone to CRAP

• 5 November 2016
  • 19 replies

Badge
what is going on with sonos updates and now the lack of any tech support. use to be the best support in the business and now its a joke. i have been fighting with multiple issues for months and tech wants me to rewire a 4 year old system. not going to do that
cannot add lib to que, cannot shuffle ANY lib, cannot load any apple music and now i have lost ALL DISPLAY OF LIB"S it says "no sections are available" WTF.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

19 replies

So, you stubbornly refuse to do what their experts advise you to do, and they're the problem? Lmao.
Badge
seriously you think i stubbornly refused?!?!?!? i spent a combination of 5 hours and 28 minutes on the phone to no avail. nothing fixed and now its having even more issues and still does not work properly. ALLLLL the issues began after all the Sonos and Apple updates and I'm supposed to believe its a wiring issue????? seriously
Badge
this began after the most recent update 3 days ago......

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
So you refuse to do what the experts say, and they are the problem?
3 days ago? The last official update was two WEEKS ago. You must be on the beta program.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
What are the bottom messages under Help > Error Log
Badge
WOW.....i cannot believe how you continue to think i have REFUSED
1) i have 5 zone system wired into the house in 2012 that has worked seamlessly all this time
2) Apple and Sonos have made updates in the past 3 months
3) my issues began in the pasted 3 months (hummmmm, coincidence?)
4) update 3 days ago from Sonos V. 7.0 and now i have above issue (library of 11K songs doesn't exist now?!?!?!)
5) I have talked to Sonos tech support.....how exactly has my CONFIGURATION changed.
6) look at reviews of sonos app in app store. multiple reviews of the exact same issues, so its just my system screwing up everybody's?!?!?!?
if you are a tech and you think you can fix it, please, by all means, instead of criticizing, help fix it!
Badge
yes it came in as a Beta update
Badge
last error log states10/18/16, 12:55 PM
Unable to play '08 Stick Around.m4a' - cannot connect to //BilliMac/Music because the server cannot be found.
Badge
everything is hard wired, no wireless.
Badge
at least before the last update i could SEE all my libraries, just could not shuffle. error 1002
now AFTER update, i get (see above screen shot)
please, don't think I'm trying to be difficult, i am not computer illiterate either, i just am having a very hard time believing the issues lies in a wiring issue as opposed to a software config issue.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
That's very useful information. From the Mac -> System preferences > Sharing

Make sure the computer name is still BilliMac and BilliMac.local (button just undeneath to right)

Turn off file sharing (uncheck it). Wait 60 seconds. Then turn it back on.

In the Sonos program, go to "About My Sonos System" and note the top IP address of the associated player.

From your web browser, go to http://ip.address.of.player:1400/tools.htm

http://192.168.1.22:1400/tools.htm

In the bottom field "Nmblookup", enter BilliMac

See if the correct IP address is returned for your Mac.

Preferably, at least 2 out of the 3 methods should return the correct address.
Badge
ok SBSurfer i did all that. Question about IP. it shows 4 ip addresses

after HTTP://10.0.0.206:1400/tools.htm
ran test and got back:
billimac:
dns (124 ms) -> failed
mdns (0 ms) -> 10.0.0.119
netbios (1 ms) -> 10.0.0.119
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Good going. That means Sonos can find your Mac. Now do a

Manage > Update Music Library

And see if Sonos sucessfully reindexes

If you get an error, remove and re-add the music library

Otherwise, that should work
Badge
Ok. Update library fixed to lose of library on the iMac but it's still missing from my iPhone and there is no longer an update library option on my iphone
Badge
Ok. Update library fixed to lose of library on the iMac but it's still missing from my iPhone and there is no longer an update library option on my iphone.
The issue still exists of a 1002 error (which is just a generic oops) if I try to shuffle all on both iMac and iPhone.
Badge
Ok. Update library fixed to lose of library on the iMac (and it's still giving a 1002 on play all/shuffle all) but it's still missing from my iPhone and there is no longer an update library option on my iphone.
The issue still exists of a 1002 error (which is just a generic oops) if I try to shuffle all on both iMac and iPhone.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
That sounds like a consequence of being in the Beta program, or the iphone is on IOS 7 or lower. Just opt out and go back to the normal released version if you're on Beta.

Now that things are beginning to work better, how about changing the title of this thread to something a little less dramatic?
Not a 'generic oops' at all. 1002 is a network timeout, which means you have local network problems outwith the Sonos kit. It could be as simple as an IP conflict, so reboot all the devices on your network. If that doesn't succeed submit a diagnostic, post the number, and work with Sonos Support. Seeing as you're on a beta they could turn you over to their beta team.

As for your iPhone it has no admin options, such as 'Update Library', because you're on the beta programme. The Sonos iOS controller cannot participate in a public beta due to Apple's policies. Read the beta notes.