Question

Sonos for not so tech savvy people?

• 29 November 2016
  • 3 replies

My parents do a lot of listening to am/fm radio. they've recently added onto their house and I'm researching multi-room audio for them. just looking for some information on how sonos would work with am/fm radio. and is there a way to control the radio thru the ap?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It sounds like you need a voice controlled system so there is no "tech savvy" required. The FM stations would be streamed from the Internet. Amazon Echos and/or dots would provide the zero learning curve voice interface. Sonos can provide the multi-room capability once the Amazon integration is released. In the mean time your parents can use stand alone Echos to listen to their radio stations, the rooms just won't play in sync without Sonos.
i dont wanna run wired speakers thru multiple rooms in the house, and i want them to be able to control rooms or zones...
The obvious question, based on your title; why not another radio of the kind they like and are used to?