Sonos Five stopped appearing in available airplay devices

• 27 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Some time over the last couple of days my Sonos Five stopped appearing in the list of available airplay devices. I running the latest iOS 14.3 and my Sonos app is up to date. I can still launch the app and play music through it, but am unable to see the Five as an available airplay device when using, for instance, BBC Sounds or Spotify. 

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @Totorollin, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about what happened. I’ll ask some questions about this issue. 

• Is it not showing on Airplay on this device or all your Apple airplay capable devices?
  • This happened after updating to IOS 14.3?
  • Is it only happening when you’re trying to play BBC or Spotify only or on All types of content?

Answers to these questions will help us further check what could be causing this issue. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Have you tried unplugging for 20 seconds then powering back on?