Sonos Five - extremely limited bass output

• 23 November 2020
  • 3 replies

I have two Fives, paired in stereo.  The bass output is less than my Sonos One.  Or my Move.  

I have tried it with the following configuration:

• paired as stereo
  • not paired as stereo
  • after utilizing TruePlay
  • after turning off TruePlay
  • With Spotify
  • With a line-in turntable
  • With TuneIn Radio
  • And yes, I also manually adjusted the EQ bass setting to +10.

I am seriously underwhelmed.  My One and Move (and Play: 1) all have a richer sound, bass, etc.  

For reference, I’m not listening to ‘bass heavy’ tracks, mostly just jazz, but when i do put on Outkast for example, no bump.  When I have these Fives grouped to my Move, the move is putting out considerably more bass on the same track at the same time. 

What gives?  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @mstrsnkr, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate you for bringing this concern to us as well as the steps that you have performed. Let me help you out. 

Do you experience the limited bass output on both of your Sonos Play 5’s? Have you tried rebooting your network device and all your Sonos speakers to refresh the connection? We’d appreciate it if you can submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system for us to check. Just include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look up the information. If you need help with any other information, feel free to reach out. We'll wait for your reply.

Hi Rowena,

Thanks for reaching out.  My diagnostic confirmation is:  402390796

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @mstrsnkr, thank you for your response and for submitting the diagnostic. Based on the diagnostic, there’s no issue found that might be causing the bass quality of your Sonos Play 5’s. It would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process. I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care. Our phone support can perform real-time troubleshooting using their tools to address the issue. Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions. You're always welcome here.