Sonos extremely unreliable using spotify to stream?

Have five rooms and a boost connecting all. Two rooms of play ones, two rooms of play fives with one also having a sub, and one room of play threes. When using spotify the playback is extremely hit or miss for any room or group of rooms with 10-15s interruptions common and speakers shutting on and off in various rooms. Occasionally songs end early and skip to the next track in the middle of a song. I’ve tried using a couple other services such as soundcloud, and while they’re not 100% reliable it’s only one room affected for one or both speakers, not as drastic as spotify.

However when using tunein to play local radio I can group the entire set or any combo together flawlessly and instantly every time. Sonos and spotify and all speakers are updated to the latest software. As best I can tell it’s not a problem with my wifi, and the spotify account is not shared. Has anyone else experienced this and possibly found a fix? Could it possibly be a problem with my boost or the system itself?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Have you perhaps tried using fixed non-overlapping channels for your routers 2.4Ghz WiFi and SonosNet?

Using channels 1, 6 or 11, just set one of those for your router and a different one for SonosNet in the Sonos App “Settings/System/Network"  …and then also set your routers 2.4Ghz WiFi band to use a channel-width of 20MHz and see if that resolves your audio-dropout issues for all your Sonos music services, including Spotify.

HTH

Thanks Ken i will give that a try.

Cheers