Answered

sonos Dropping Over Night

• 26 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Ok, I’ve had a similar problem to this once before but can’t find any details of my previous support conversations to find the solution:

Installed new Soundbar, moved Play 3’s and added two new Play Ones at Christmas. I don’t think this is the issue but I mention it as it’s the only thing that has changed on my system.

over the past week or two my whole Sonos system seems to crash overnight. I disconnect the Boost & reboot the router, then reconnect the Boost. All sorted. 

But this happens every night & is now becoming a pain the the proverbial, with my wife resorting to playing music through crap Alexa Dots!!!!!

I seem to recall that it might be something updating or taking over the same channel as Sonos overnight, but can’t remember what it was previously or the solution?

Any ideas? Is it possible for Sonos Support to look up previous solutions for my system?

I have a relatively extensive system with 5xPlay Ones, a soundbar, 2xPlay3’s, 1xConnectAmp, 1xZoneplayer.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 March 2020, 19:29

Usually, this kind of behaviour after an update is due to your router handing out bad IP addresses during the update process. You can just refresh your network by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then rebooting your router. Once the router comes back up, plug the Sonos devices back in to the power.

Or, assign reserved IP addresses for your network devices in your router’s DHCP table for a more permanent fix. 

View original

1 reply

Usually, this kind of behaviour after an update is due to your router handing out bad IP addresses during the update process. You can just refresh your network by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then rebooting your router. Once the router comes back up, plug the Sonos devices back in to the power.

Or, assign reserved IP addresses for your network devices in your router’s DHCP table for a more permanent fix.