Sonos dropping on Eero

Badge

Understand this issue has been noted a lot on here but did not run into my specific issue. I had eero mesh system (3 pack) plus my Sonos set up (3 Play:1, 1 Play:5, 1 Beam with 2 One’s as surround, 1 Move, and 1 Roam) which worked fine. Recently we added the Ring alarm system with the built in eero, essentially replacing the main gateway with the Ring gateway. Since then, we continue to have issues with sound dropping. None of my Sonos are plugged in to use the Sonos Net; tried this before but b/c of our old house, the Sonos Net ends up being worse. 

Any thoughts on why this is being caused? Every other system works great but our Hue lights sometimes act up. Both Sonos and Hue worked great before we added the Ring system on the eero. 

Thanks!

4 replies

Perhaps try wiring just one Sonos device only to your eero primary hub/router and see if that resolves your issue. Ensure the wired device is not a HT surround, or Sub, (so preferably a standalone speaker) and that it is placed not less than one meter away from the eero hub, or other wireless device.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

What eero system do you have before adding the ring eero?

Badge

I’ve tried the Sonos Net option before but actually got worse. But will try again. 

Previously had the eero 6 dual-band mesh Wi-Fi 6 system with built-in Zigbee smart home hub (3-pack, one eero 6 router + two eero 6 extenders). Essentially replaced the router with the Ring eero router and kept the other two extenders. 

I’ve tried the Sonos Net option before but actually got worse. But will try again. 

Perhaps also see this thread/discussion started by Sonos Staff…

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/troubleshooting-sonos-on-wifi-6856334?postid=16520976#post16520976