Question

Sonos dropping Connection - Diagnostic report #6988344

• 12 January 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge
Hi,
I am new to the forum so I hope I have posted this correctly as I couldn't see anywhere to directly talk about a submitted diagnostic report.

Anyway, the diagnostic report was submitted this morning about 7:30 within a minute of the Sonos Play 1 stopping, and I would like to know if this is due to it losing connection or my router dropping connection (I don't think it is this as I can still browse the Internet when Sonos has stopped), or something else.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge

Hi swelliot,

Your Sonos speakers are losing connection to your wireless network from time to time. It looks like there's some wireless interference. Try changing your router's wireless channel from 6 to 11 or 1.

It may also help to look around and in between your Sonos speakers for any third party wireless devices you may have. Common sources of interference include cordless phones, wireless baby monitors, wireless cameras and wireless printers.

Hi Jeff,

Unfortunately, I tried all this already. i changed channels and moved any electronic (not just wireless) devices away from the Sonos when it first started happening. Didn't make any difference.

I have a Support call open now so they are looking into it for me. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Mine is doing the same thing. Have a total of six and it keeps dropping one and not the same one all the time.

Hi wbowerjr,

Please submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos app. Reply with the confirmation number and I'll take a look for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi,
I am new to the forum so I hope I have posted this correctly as I couldn't see anywhere to directly talk about a submitted diagnostic report.

Anyway, the diagnostic report was submitted this morning about 7:30 within a minute of the Sonos Play 1 stopping, and I would like to know if this is due to it losing connection or my router dropping connection (I don't think it is this as I can still browse the Internet when Sonos has stopped), or something else.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi swelliot,

Your Sonos speakers are losing connection to your wireless network from time to time. It looks like there's some wireless interference. Try changing your router's wireless channel from 6 to 11 or 1.

It may also help to look around and in between your Sonos speakers for any third party wireless devices you may have. Common sources of interference include cordless phones, wireless baby monitors, wireless cameras and wireless printers.
Mine is doing the same thing. Have a total of six and it keeps dropping one and not the same one all the time.