sonos doesn't show my complete itunes library.

• 23 November 2012
  • 58 replies

I have for example artists named Blue Knights. In my itunes library I show three albums for a total of 21 songs. When I bring up the sonos app on my macbook pro, and load music library, it only show one of these albums that has five songs. I've gone to manage settings, and updated music library now about five times .... still same results. I've gone to music library settings, removed the library, and added it again .. three times ... still same results. I checked the rest of the artists that are listed in Sonos, and it seems to be missing about 12 other artists and songs of those artists that I have in my itunes library. Considering giving up on Sonos and returning play5 and bridge to retailer. Anyone interesting in buying this system from me. Previously I asked a question of why when I shut off my macbook pro the music still plays, and never received a response from sonos. This type of support and product doesn't seem to be worth the monies.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

58 replies

Don't bother buying Sonos. There is so much hassle every time you want to play , with updates, and music files missing, it is too much work. If it was open and user friendly, it would be different, but it is not. Why does anyone want to work on their file designation and change file types, etc. just to play a tune. If I had to do it over I would not spend the $800 on Sonos 3 and 1 systems.. It is not easy. From all the responses here it looks like many people have issues and that Sonos is not responsive to helping or open sourcing ..
I've just had this problem today and after reading this thread, did a little investigating of my own. All of a sudden I realised what the problem might be, my Apple ID password has changed recently. So I went into Sonos settings and reassigned my account. It asked for my new password and then reset itself. Now my full library shows in Sonos. Problem solved!
I've just had this problem today and after reading this thread, did a little investigating of my own. All of a sudden I realised what the problem might be, my Apple ID password has changed recently. So I went into Sonos settings and reassigned my account. It asked for my new password and then reset itself. Now my full library shows in Sonos. Problem solved!
I subscribed to Apple Music and the songs I have downloaded from that show up under Apple Music but only the ones I purchased show up on this phone.
Even though both are on my phone. I'm assuming that's the way it's supposed to work. Regardless my entire playlist shows up in Apple Music instead of on this phone. Just took me a while to figure it out and hours of swearing because no music was found on my phone.
Does yours work the same way.
It is absolutely the case that music downloaded as offline content, but not purchased outright, will be locked inside the Apple Music app and will not appear in 'on this iPhone'. This is a form of DRM protection by Apple.
Userlevel 2
Badge

Comon... PLEASE give us some tools to work with.  I've brought this up before, and I can't believe that with the popularity of SONOS that I'm the only one that wants better in-app track management.

Pretty Please?

Bruce

I'll go further than this: Please make it work in the first place. When it comes to playback, Sonos should not be settling for anything more complicated than a CD player or a turntable. And if there's no choice, then at least recognize that hobbyist-level solutions are not acceptable.
I had the same problem but I was able to resolve it. Try This: Open I-Tunes. At the top of the screen click on FILE. Then click on LIBRARY. Click on ORGANIZE LIBRARY. Check on CONSOLIDATE FILES. This will get all on your music into the I-Tunes Media where SONOS can access it.

Thanks! It worked.