sonos doesn't show my complete itunes library.

• 23 November 2012
  • 58 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

58 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I have a recommendation for a most excellent wireless music system. Can you guess what it is?

As jgatie says it is very likely your "issue" is resolvable very easily.

There aren't any systems, in my opinion, in the market place right now that are as good as Sonos.
I have had these issues over the last three or four years on and off, and each time the solution has been different and usually irritatingly complex (I bought a sound system, not a DIY computer project, FFS).
Now try this one: I recorded some music of my own, added the .wav files to itunes and updated the Sonos music library - no problems, although occasionally if I try to get multiple versions into the Sonos index it just ignores them (e.g. 'Brilliant guitar solo v1/v2/v6 all get picked up but v4 and v5 just get ignored completely). Over time I've ignored this, but I've just had the same problem over the last couple of days, and this time I'm hacked off.

One recording I particularly want to hear over the system just will not copy into Sonos (tags are fine, no DRM, etc etc) So I've copied a dozen recordings files (.mp4 and .wav) including this one into a new directory outside my music folder and then updated the music library settings to include this folder. Not one of the files is showing in the Sonos index after multiple updates. No DRM issues here; no tagging issues. Why doesn't the system just work as advertised? Oh, and why do Sonos ignore customer feedback (on this, on playlists, on everything)?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I have had these issues over the last three or four years on and off, and each time the solution has been different and usually irritatingly complex (I bought a sound system, not a DIY computer project, FFS).
Now try this one: I recorded some music of my own, added the .wav files to itunes and updated the Sonos music library - no problems, although occasionally if I try to get multiple versions into the Sonos index it just ignores them (e.g. 'Brilliant guitar solo v1/v2/v6 all get picked up but v4 and v5 just get ignored completely). Over time I've ignored this, but I've just had the same problem over the last couple of days, and this time I'm hacked off.

One recording I particularly want to hear over the system just will not copy into Sonos (tags are fine, no DRM, etc etc) So I've copied a dozen recordings files (.mp4 and .wav) including this one into a new directory outside my music folder and then updated the music library settings to include this folder. Not one of the files is showing in the Sonos index after multiple updates. No DRM issues here; no tagging issues. Why doesn't the system just work as advertised? Oh, and why do Sonos ignore customer feedback (on this, on playlists, on everything)?

Presumably there is some issue with the format of the file. Please check here:-

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/80

Also. Presumably you aren't above the 65,000 limit?

Worth just checking if you are using a NAS sometimes deleted files go into a HIDDEN deleted folder in the folder - get rid of those if it does.
I've just had this problem today and after reading this thread, did a little investigating of my own. All of a sudden I realised what the problem might be, my Apple ID password has changed recently. So I went into Sonos settings and reassigned my account. It asked for my new password and then reset itself. Now my full library shows in Sonos. Problem solved!
I subscribed to Apple Music and the songs I have downloaded from that show up under Apple Music but only the ones I purchased show up on this phone.
Even though both are on my phone. I'm assuming that's the way it's supposed to work. Regardless my entire playlist shows up in Apple Music instead of on this phone. Just took me a while to figure it out and hours of swearing because no music was found on my phone.
Does yours work the same way.
Userlevel 2
Badge

Comon... PLEASE give us some tools to work with.  I've brought this up before, and I can't believe that with the popularity of SONOS that I'm the only one that wants better in-app track management.

Pretty Please?

Bruce

I'll go further than this: Please make it work in the first place. When it comes to playback, Sonos should not be settling for anything more complicated than a CD player or a turntable. And if there's no choice, then at least recognize that hobbyist-level solutions are not acceptable.
I had the same problem but I was able to resolve it. Try This: Open I-Tunes. At the top of the screen click on FILE. Then click on LIBRARY. Click on ORGANIZE LIBRARY. Check on CONSOLIDATE FILES. This will get all on your music into the I-Tunes Media where SONOS can access it.

Thanks! It worked.