Answered

Sonos doesn't see Move anymore, unless it's powered off

Badge +1

I’ve had my Move for several years, no problems. In the past 4 months or so, constant issues - Sonos doesn’t see the Move, or the Move is there but won’t play, very intermittent. What’s frustrating is it doesn’t show the Move at all, but then when I power it off, it shows Sonos Move Offline… so it knows it’s a device and connected, but won’t appear for playback when powered on.

Any suggestions on what to do when it’s not in the list of devices, or how to fix permanently?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 5 July 2022, 09:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @sakendrick 

Thanks for your post!

It sounds like certain communication packages are being lost on the network. Please switch your router off for at least 30 seconds, then turn it back on. It will take 3-5 minutes for WiFi to return.

Do you have any devices that extend the range of your WiFi? If so, it might be an idea to at least reboot these too, but also to test with them off.

I hope this helps.

Badge +1

this didn’t solve it

this didn’t solve it

Maybe try rebooting the controller device and perform an App reset in ‘Settings/App Preferences’. On reopening the App bypass the opening screens, accept the T&C’s and choose to connect back to the ‘existing’ Sonos System and see if that sorts it.. it’s helpful too, if the controller device and Move are say no more than 6 feet away from the main router to aid its discovery - then put the Move back to where you normally have it located.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Are you on S2?, I believe a few people are having the same trouble on S2?.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @sakendrick 

this didn’t solve it

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.