Answered

Sonos doesn't connect to Wi-Fi networks.

• 8 July 2018
  • 3 replies

My sonos system stopped connecting to any of my Wi-Fi networks in the last week. No matter the mobile device with the latest controller app (iPad/iPhone/Android) the system cannot be found. However it can be controlled from my desktop application. I have reset the mobile controllers, factory reset one of the speakers (now it will not connect back), and hardwired another into the bridge. Below is the system I'm using:

- Play 1
- Play 3
- Play 3
- Bridge

Need some help ASAP as I use this system daily.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 July 2018, 01:26

Because the devices have chosen to change which subnet they're connecting to? Due to a power outage, or router reboot, or software update, which causes the Sonos speakers to do a soft reboot as part of the process?

Sonos has frequently said that they don't support extenders, although I've seen some people indicate that they have some that work. But in your case, it may be best to contact Sonos to discuss it.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

That would lead me to believe that your mobile devices are connecting to a different subnet than your desktop is. Do you happen to have a mesh network, or wifi extenders set up?
I do have extenders and seperate VLANs throughout my network, but that has been the case since I deployed the Sonos solution. Why would there all of a suffen be changes?
Because the devices have chosen to change which subnet they're connecting to? Due to a power outage, or router reboot, or software update, which causes the Sonos speakers to do a soft reboot as part of the process?

Sonos has frequently said that they don't support extenders, although I've seen some people indicate that they have some that work. But in your case, it may be best to contact Sonos to discuss it.