Question

Sonos disconnecting

• 4 January 2017
  • 1 reply

I have problem with my Sonos system disconnecting and ungrouping. I have the following Sonos components: Boost, Play:5 (1st gen.), Connect, Play:1 and 2x Play:1 as a Stereo Pair. It seems that I have most problem with the Connect and Play:5.
I have Sonos on Channel 6 and WIFI router on channel 11 (I've tried other combinations too) . I also have fixed IP addresses for all Sonos components and I have moved the Boost to different locations in the house.
I have tried most recommendations I found on Sonos website including adding a Boost but nothing seems to help.
I have submitted diagnostics: 6962516.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Magnus

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have problem with my Sonos system disconnecting and ungrouping. I have the following Sonos components: Boost, Play:5 (1st gen.), Connect, Play:1 and 2x Play:1 as a Stereo Pair. It seems that I have most problem with the Connect and Play:5.
I have Sonos on Channel 6 and WIFI router on channel 11 (I've tried other combinations too) . I also have fixed IP addresses for all Sonos components and I have moved the Boost to different locations in the house.
I have tried most recommendations I found on Sonos website including adding a Boost but nothing seems to help.
I have submitted diagnostics: 6962516.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Magnus

Hi Magnus,

There's quite a bit of wireless interference showing up on your system. Please try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using then see if things work better.