Sonos disabled my surround sound for update

• 8 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Sonos, you may think your updates are important but don’t disable my surround sound. Not only that but the update is not successfully updating, so this causes me to have to stop what I’m doing to troubleshoot. So, you forced an update on by disabling my surround sound and then the software doesn’t actually install. Wow. Next time, my advice is don’t do it again. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Though there are complaints about Sonosk last update, updates are also safety related - the system is connected to the internet after all. That said, you can stop the system from updating. Just remember to set your phone so that the app also does not update.

I personally trust Sonos enough to let them push updates to my system, running the risk of something going wrong as has happened to you.

Sonos updates are not meant to disable your surround however, if you want help, maybe explain what has happened and what version of the Sonos software you are using.