Answered

Sonos devices skip when playing but Alexa does not

• 11 April 2022
  • 1 reply

I have a One, Play:3, and a Beam. The Beam is wired directly to my TV and is great. No issues.

The One and Play:3 stream through WiFi and constantly give me problems.

Songs played through Amazon Music or books streamed through Audible pause, skip, or stop frequently. Audible books through the One are unlistenable because it will pause, then skip entire chapters. The app tells me that my internet connection is unstable, but I can literally put an Amazon Echo Dot 2nd Gen in the same place as the One or Play:3 and it streams through my WiFi with no issues. Has anyone else had an issue like this?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 April 2022, 02:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Seems like network issues with the Sonos device(s). Could be wifi interference, or some other network issue, such as a duplicate IP addresses. At the least, I’d recommend a refresh of the network, by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then rebooting your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices. 

I’ve never opened either my Amazon devices, or my Sonos devices, but it would make sense that their WiFi radios are different, and have varied sensitivities. It would certainly be worth reading the above linked FAQ.

However, if those options don’t work, perhaps if you were to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, you may find out some more specific information. 

There would likely be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.