Sonos devices not showing in Spotify

• 21 January 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I already have seen some topics related to this issue but many of those are one month old and people is still having the issue. I have invested in four PLAY 1 and one BAR, and I cannot believe that I am having this issue and find after some research that many are phasing same situation. Installation was pretty easy and thats something to thanks but is not acceptable to have this kind of issues.
My problem is the following:

I am not able to see my sonos devices in the Spotify app. When I restart the router, it works fine but if I turn off Spotify either on the imac or iphone, they vanish. My setup for songs is the standard, that is, using the home wifi since I haven't still installed the bar. But in any case, this should not be an issue. The solution is not to wire the bar to a router in order to create an own network. The solution is to make spotify showing again the PLAY 1 devices. And I do not see the as a solution either to become and expert and enter in the router settings to change the wireless channels..... I am not a IT guy. This should be FRIENDLY as advertised in the web.

Being said this, please tell me that this will be fixed soon. If not, I will return everything.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, SitdownManolito. Thanks for submitting your query and welcome to the community.

We are happy to help and advise, I am confident we can get this working for you. However, I doubt there is anything that we can change on our end to rectify the situation for you. This functionality has undergone extensive testing prior to its release, so there is likely nothing to fix on our side. The issue is most probably being caused by the configuration of your home network. This will require some involvement from yourself to fix. If you are not willing to do this, it would make the most sense to return the products, as you suggest. That being said, you don't need to be an expert to log into your router and change WiFi channels, we can give you simple steps to follow. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, however, we cannot even be sure that this is necessary at this time.

Can you please submit a diagnostic, and respond with the confirmation number? This way we can give you some steps to follow to resolve this situation. Thanks in advance.