Sonos Desktop App: Help/Sonos System Help Error

• 20 February 2020
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 22 replies

When I click on Sonos System Help, my browser displays this error:

AccessDeniedAccess Denied5A0522D3CE584F0BUnmJDgZ+nrLtTHiHrDOW7aA/oDknZk2j4kHkveHUxhrCyc+KoAVqXtj5oEBO+QFIwmuiVhc+Qvc=

What’s up?

icon

Best answer by Jean C. 21 February 2020, 01:17

Hi @WSC3 

I can let our development team know that they may need to look at that link in our Windows controller.

Support for Sonos either here on the Community or though our support team is provided at no additional cost. 

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any other questions you may have about using your Sonos system.

View original

16 replies

What OS is this? Which desktop app? Are you running any firewalls, VPNs, or virus protection programs? Can you submit a diagnostic from within the app?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Windows 10.  I didn’t know there was but one desktop Sonos app.  It’s the Sonos Controller for PC, version 10.6.1, build 54272160.  I’ll submit diagnostics.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Your confirmation number is: 407544411

Great. In the mean time, you may want to check for an update, I think the current version is 10.6.2, at least it is on my iPhone. I’m not at home to check on my Win10 machine. 

Hopefully a Sonos rep will be along shortly to look at that diagnostic. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @WSC3,

Welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for reaching out with your question.

Are you getting this error message when attempting to play songs from your music library?

It looks like you have multiple music library locations shared to Sonos, are both of these paths still valid?

Is you library stored on an external drive or a NAS or are they stored in your computer hard drive?

A few more details will help me give you more accurate guidance on what needs to be done to resolve the problem.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I’m only getting it when I click on Sonos System Help, my browser displays this error.  All other functions seem to be fine.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @WSC3

I can’t say that I’ve heard that one before. 

Can you include a screen-capture of this message?  

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @WSC3 I just clicked through this same tab in our Windows controller and got a access denied/403 error.

What is the default browser set to on your PC? 

I was able to access that same link through the Sonos System Help on a Mac OS  Sonos controller though.

You can access the same support page here.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Firefox.  Tell Sonos to fix the error.  I pay too much for the product and monthly support for this to be occurring.

Thanks for the help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @WSC3 

I can let our development team know that they may need to look at that link in our Windows controller.

Support for Sonos either here on the Community or though our support team is provided at no additional cost. 

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any other questions you may have about using your Sonos system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I wasn’t previously aware of this feature, but I get the same result. I also use Firefox as my browser. It is going to https://www.sonos.com/support/help/10.6.1/en-us/index.html

However I get the exact same error using the Edge browser. I think the web site is assuming I have a valid Sonos login credential cached in the browser?

But meanwhile, to the OP, what was your problem that led you to this broken feature?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I assume I’m the OP, whatever that.  I seemed to recall that you could create guest accounts and limit their access.  That feature, if it existed, apparently no longer does.  Correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I assume I’m the OP, whatever that.  I seemed to recall that you could create guest accounts and limit their access.  That feature, if it existed, apparently no longer does.  Correct?

Sonos has never had any concept of Guest accounts, via this option or any other, you are mistaken.

I can’t find an equivalent option to this in the iOS app, so I have no idea what it may have done in the past.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @controlav in the desktop version of the Sonos controller, there’s a direct link to the Product Guides in the “Help” tab.

It seems not to work from Windows desktops at the moment but seems ok from Mac OS. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

The problem has vanished, i’m guessing with a Sonos update.  Thanks!