Answered

Sonos denied access to music folder on Mac.

• 2 February 2018
  • 3 replies

I am having the same issue as above using a Mac. The error message reads "Access to the shared folder " " is denied - check the name and/or password.

I have:
1. Reset file sharing and included the library in shared settings
2. Verified date and time are both set by internet
3. Turned off all firewalls

Please help, Sonos connected immediately and then denied access days later....
icon

Best answer by wadenfor 5 February 2018, 00:07

I called Sonos and they were EXTREMELY helpful. I was quickly transferred to a tech who took control of my screen and fixed the issue.

The issue was that not every folder in the path to my music was shared. So by sharing each folder along the way, Sonos could finally find its way to the music folder.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I think in your case, I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic, and call in to Sonos to discuss.
I called Sonos and they were EXTREMELY helpful. I was quickly transferred to a tech who took control of my screen and fixed the issue.

The issue was that not every folder in the path to my music was shared. So by sharing each folder along the way, Sonos could finally find its way to the music folder.
I have same issue.. Sonos can’t connect to my iMac iTunes folder and NO ONE AT SONOS, that I’ve spent hours with, has been able to fix this with me as they screen share my Mac to look at the issue .. ..error message says “file sharing settings need to be adjusted” (which we tried) or it will say “unable to add shared folder”. I can actually play music that is downloaded onto my iPhone through my Sonos system but cannot play any of the music that is on my iMac. I’ve talk to multiple techs at Sonos and none of them have been able to figure this out… They say it is an Apple issue so I call Apple and Apple says it is absolutely a Sonos issue. So incredibly frustrated !