Question

Sonos Cutting Out - TV, Music, everything

• 3 March 2017
  • 3 replies

I'm getting random cut outs as well.

My latest incident number is #7122962

The issues with both the music and the tv audio really put a damper on my super bowl party. My buddies were actually clowning me quite a bit about my expensive new system too.

I've looked at the multiple other threads about these issues, and it seems like you can diagnose what the issues might be pretty well from the data contained on the incident. Can't the Sonos app use that data to help identify and guide us to resolving these problems ourselves?

Thanks
Brian

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I'm getting random cut outs as well.

My latest incident number is #7122962

The issues with both the music and the tv audio really put a damper on my super bowl party. My buddies were actually clowning me quite a bit about my expensive new system too.

I've looked at the multiple other threads about these issues, and it seems like you can diagnose what the issues might be pretty well from the data contained on the incident. Can't the Sonos app use that data to help identify and guide us to resolving these problems ourselves?

Thanks
Brian

Hi Brian,

There seems to be some 5 ghz wireless interference causing communication errors between your PLAYBAR, surrounds and SUB. Please look around an in between your home theater setup for any third party wireless electronics which could be causing interference. Common sources of interference include cordless phones, wireless cameras, third party wireless speakers, wireless printers and wireless baby monitors. Try moving any such device away from your Sonos speakers and see if things improve.
Well, I have a 5G Router, which is close to the Playbar. The only thing close to the playbar is the Apple TV and my DirecTV box. Pretty much all the devices in my house are connected on the 5G network. The router also has a 2.4 ghz band...do you think I should try to keep as many devices as possible on the 2.4 ghz band?

(this is my router...NETGEAR Wireless Router – AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit (R6300) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0081H8TRA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Thanks
Brian
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Well, I have a 5G Router, which is close to the Playbar. The only thing close to the playbar is the Apple TV and my DirecTV box. Pretty much all the devices in my house are connected on the 5G network. The router also has a 2.4 ghz band...do you think I should try to keep as many devices as possible on the 2.4 ghz band?

(this is my router...NETGEAR Wireless Router – AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit (R6300) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0081H8TRA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Thanks
Brian

It's worth trying to get the devices on 2.4. As a test you can temporarily power things off to see if any device in particular is causing the interference.