Answered

Sonos cutting out

My Sonos keeps cutting out mid song when using Apple Music. I will then take ages to come back on/reconnect. After reading the forums I’ve done a diagnostic on it of which the number is 446454933. I hope someone can help.
Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 31 May 2018, 23:42

My Sonos keeps cutting out mid song when using Apple Music. I will then take ages to come back on/reconnect. After reading the forums I’ve done a diagnostic on it of which the number is 446454933. I hope someone can help.
Thanks.

Hi LJTAYLOR88,

It looks like your iPhone is having a hard time maintaining the streaming music to your speaker. This could be due to the phone's connection to your network, or the connection between your speaker and network.

How far away from your router is your phone when you are streaming from it? It may help to move the phone closer to your router when streaming. Does this help?

Also, your router is using a wireless channel for your network which is a bit crowded by other nearby networks. You might try changing your router's wireless channel from 11 to 6 and see if that helps.

If the above steps don't do the trick, please send along a new diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks.

Hi LJTAYLOR88,

It looks like your iPhone is having a hard time maintaining the streaming music to your speaker. This could be due to the phone's connection to your network, or the connection between your speaker and network.

How far away from your router is your phone when you are streaming from it? It may help to move the phone closer to your router when streaming. Does this help?

Also, your router is using a wireless channel for your network which is a bit crowded by other nearby networks. You might try changing your router's wireless channel from 11 to 6 and see if that helps.

If the above steps don't do the trick, please send along a new diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.
I was having this problem tonight and was at my wits end. Ultimately I changed the channel in sonos setting from channel 11 to channel 6 and the problem was fixed. We must of had some new interference as our system never had this issue until tonight after years of use.