Answered

Sonos cutting off/skipping when playing Apple Music

• 7 January 2019
  • 4 replies

I have a Sonos Play One and a 5. They started skipping with the latest update. I've set my iPhone to never lock and I've played with resetting the channel on my router but nothing seems to help. Diagnostic ticket # is 630509592.
icon

Best answer by nmartensen 8 January 2019, 16:42

Thanks Jeff. My Sonos seems to be working properly again with all music services! I'll give a ring if it replicates the problem again, but so far, so good!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
The iPhone lock has nothing to do with Apple Music playback, its just a remote (unless you are using the "from this device" feature). The players themselves stream from Apple Music.

I was having weird trouble with Apple Music myself yesterday, I switched to Spotify for the rest of the afternoon.
Thanks Controlav. I don't have a Spotify account but it's also started happening while playing Pandora. Hopefully a Sonos staff member can run my diagnostics soon and figure out what's up. It was working smoothly (besides the screen lock while listening to "on this phone" glitch), but seems like the issue arose after the update...
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks Controlav. I don't have a Spotify account but it's also started happening while playing Pandora. Hopefully a Sonos staff member can run my diagnostics soon and figure out what's up. It was working smoothly (besides the screen lock while listening to "on this phone" glitch), but seems like the issue arose after the update...

Hi there,

Thanks for sending in the report. Due to the nature of this issue it would be best to have our phone team troubleshoot this live. Please give us a call, you can find our phone number here.
Thanks Jeff. My Sonos seems to be working properly again with all music services! I'll give a ring if it replicates the problem again, but so far, so good!