Answered

Sonos controls dissapear when using Spotify

• 11 August 2022
  • 3 replies

So I am using the S1 app (v11.5) on my Android (v12) and normally when I’m playing any music from my NAS the Sonos controls will show in both the notification bar and on the lock screen. However, when I switch my music source to Spotify, it immediately disappears from the notification area and also doesn’t show on the lock screen. The only way I can see what is playing or jump to the next song is to re-open the application every time.

Likewise, the moment I tap “End Session” to switch back to the playlist, the controls immediately pop back up in the notification area.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 16 August 2022, 10:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Jeff_52 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I presume you are switching to the Spotify app? This would be expected behaviour, if so - Android is trying to keep the media controls relevant to the app that has focus.

You could keep the Sonos controls available by initiating Spotify playback by using the Spotify container within the Sonos app, rather than using the Spotify app.

I hope this helps.

I’m actually using the native Sonos app. I don’t even have the Spottily app installed on this phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Jeff_52 

OK. When I read your initial post, that did not seem likely. I can now only recommend that you get in touch with our technical support team, though I cannot say that you will necessarily get an immediate fix. We’d certainly like to document the behaviour, however.

Please give your phone a reboot first, however, just in case that helps.