Answered

Sonos Controller on Mac OS 10.6.8 does not work; asks to update but fails

• 5 June 2018
  • 1 reply

I am trying to run the controller on an old Mac using OS 10.6.8, which is the latest update for this MacBook. When starting Sonos the software asks to update Sonos but fails. My Sonos system is working fine controlled by other devices, and is showing to be fully updated. I submitted diagnostics 697363249. How can you make this work?
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 12 June 2018, 21:51

I am trying to run the controller on an old Mac using OS 10.6.8, which is the latest update for this MacBook. When starting Sonos the software asks to update Sonos but fails. My Sonos system is working fine controlled by other devices, and is showing to be fully updated. I submitted diagnostics 697363249. How can you make this work?

Hi olwe,

Welcome to the community. The Sonos app for Macs requires OS X 10.10 or higher in order to run. This is why you're getting the update message. You can see the full list of software requirements here.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi olwe,

Welcome to the community. The Sonos app for Macs requires OS X 10.10 or higher in order to run. This is why you're getting the update message. You can see the full list of software requirements here.