Question

Sonos Controller loses connection with sonos dedicated network

• 24 January 2017
  • 2 replies

Good evening all. I am new here. I am running the following sonos system:
- Modem + Router + Signal Booster + Bridge + 2 Sonos Play 5

I recently tried to update the sonos system and the update did not go through. It seems to have worked yesterday but the main problem remains.

Every day of so, I cannot play my music. I mostly listen to music through Sirius Canada Internet radio and can't see the channels nor can I play favorite stations. Somehow, it appears that the controllers (laptop, ipad or iphone) cannot connect with the bridge. I have not changed the network password or router. I have tried replacing the ethernet cable connecting the bridge to the router - still the same problem.

Every time I reset the modem, then router, then bridge, play 5 speakes, the system will work for a while (I would say a day) and the following day, same problem again.

I have also changed the channels from 11 to 6 to 1... it did not fix the problem.

Anyone can help in plain language?

Thanks a lot.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Your Bridge needs to be as far as possible from the router.
IP conflicts in all probability. You need to do a network reset. Reboot the following in order:

Modem
Router
Switches/Hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/Printers
Wireless devices
Phones/Tablets

Wait till each fully reboots before moving to the next. Note you can prevent this from happening again by reserving IP addresses for each Sonos device in your router setup. See your router manual for details.